There are so many factors that can cause you to fail. But by working to overcome these factors, you can release the brakes that are holding back you success.
1.Unwillingness to take risk: Success involves taking calculated risks. Risk-taking does not mean gambling foolishly and behaving irresponsible and rash behaviour as risk-taking. They end up with negative results and blame it on bad luck. The person who never attempts anything risky makes no mistakes. However, not making the attempt is often a bigger mistake than making the attempt and failing.
2. Lack of persistence: Most people fail not because they lack knowledge or talent but because they quit. Secret of success lies in two tracts. Persistence and Resistance.
3. Instant gratification: Remember that when going for instant gratification, are never thinks of consequences, only for momentary pleasures. When you think short term, not long term, it is limited vision. With limited vision you will never see any worthwhile goals.
4. Lack of priorities: Prioritization requires discipline to do what needs to be done rather than taking action based on our moods and fancies.
Success does not come by reading or memorizing the principles that lead to success, but by understanding them and setting your priorities to apply them.
5. Looking for shortcuts: You get what put in. If you don't put much into a project, you won't get much out of it. Many times we look for the easier way, which really ends up being the tougher way.
6. Selfishness and Greed: Individuals and organizations that have a selfish attitude have no right to expect growth. Their attitude is to keep passing the buck without regard for the welfare of others. Greed always wants more. Needs can be satisfied, but greed cannot. Greeds come of poor self-esteem, which manifests itself as false pride, pretence, or "keeping up with the Joneses." The way out of greed is to learn to live within your means and be satisfied. Being content does not mean lack of ambition.
7. Lack of conviction: People who lack conviction take the middle of the road. People without conviction do not take a stand. They go along to get along because they lack confidence and courage. They conform in order to get accepted even when they know that what they are doing is wrong.
8. Unwillingness to plan and prepare: Preparation is the necessary edge to succeed in any field.
9. Rationalizing: Winners may analyze but they never rationalize- losers always have a book full of excuses. Reasons don't count while results do.
10.Not learning from past mistakes: People who do not learn lessons from history are doomed. Some people learn from their mistakes-wiser people learn from other people's mistakes.
11.Inability to recognize opportunity: Opportunities, can come disguised as obstacles. That is why most people don't recognize them. The bigger the obstacles, the better is the opportunity.
12.Fear: Fear can be real or imaginary. Fear makes people do strange things. Fear results in insecurity, lack of confidence and procrastination. It destroys our potential and ability.
13.Inability to use talent: Human beings use only 10-12% of their potential. The saddest part of most people's lives is that they die with the music still in them.
They haven't lived life while alive. They rust out rather than wear out. than rust out. The saddest words in life are: "I should have."
14.Lack of discipline: Have you ever wondered why some people never reach their goals? Why they are always frustrated with reversals and crisis? Why do some people have continued success, while other have endless failures. Anyone who has accomplished anything worthwhile has never done so without disciplines, whether in sports, athletics, academia or business.
15.Poor self-esteem: Poor self-esteem is lack of self respect and self worth. It leads to abuse of one's self and others. People with low self esteem are constantly looking for identity. They are trying to find themselves.
16.Lack of knowledge:
17.Fatalistic attitude: A fatalistic attitude prevents people from accepting responsibility for their circumstances. People with fatalistic attitudes attribute success and failure to luck. They wait for things to happen rather than making them happen. Success is a matter of luck ask any failure, weak minded people fall easy prey to fortune-tellers, horoscopes and self proclaimed Godman who are sometimes conmen. If you want to fail, believe in luck. If you want to succeed, believe in the principles of cause and effect, and you will create your own "luck".
18.Lack of purpose: When people lack purpose and direction, they see no opportunity. If a person has the desire to accomplish something, knows the direction to move to achieve his objective, has the dedication to stay focused, and has the discipline required to put in the hard work, then success follows. But if you don't have purpose and direction, it doesn't matter what else you have, you won't succeed.
19.Lack of courage: Successful people do not look for miracles or easy tasks. They seek courage and strength to overcome obstacles.
20.Lack of understanding of nature's laws: Success is a matter of laws of nature. Change is nature's law. We are either moving forward or we are going backward. A seed, if it is not planted in the earth to create disintegrates. Change is inevitable. It is going to happen whether you like it or not. All progress is change but all change is not progress. Success is not a matter of luck, but of laws. In order to succeed, we need to understand the law of cause and effect and the relationship between action and results. For every effect, there is a cause. The law of cause and effect is the same as the law of sowing and reaping.